Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The last pregnancy update (hopefully)

I went to the Dr. today and had another ultrasound determining this kid is healthy, the placenta is healthy, there is plenty of fluid and NOT a lot of progress. However, he is estimated at a whopping 9 lbs so that got my providers moving!
We were given the option to go ahead and have a c section because of the concern of his size or try a vaginal birth with induction and c section as backup. We decided to go with getting induced and hope for the best (Nicole, all I can think about is your labor story!)
I check in to the hospital tomorrow (Thursday) night and I will be induced Friday morning. So, it seems this kid will be here Friday one way or another!
During the ultrasound she was able to get some great views of his face and she determined he was going to be a great kisser because his lips looked huge! The thought of those lips will be what gets me through the next couple of days!!

6 comments:

Ang said...

Best of luck to you! You'll do great and sounds like he's going to be a healthy boy. Mine was 8 lbs. 9 oz. and he has been such an easy, happy baby! You're going to do great.

breanna said...

yay, so exciting!! well, not so much the 9lb part, but that he'll be here soon!!

Ms. Green Eyes said...

You will do great! I will be praying for you. Can't wait to hear, and hope it is nothing like mine!

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

I had the same experience except they didn't know how big Noah was before I was induced! So 48 hours of labor and I felt almost all my contractions! Needless to say, I had to have an emergency C-section because he wouldn't fit. Little did they know he was 9 lbs 12 oz!! Good luck!!

PS. C-Sections can be a blessing, trust me.

Ryan and Ashley said...

Good Luck!!!! You do great. Can't wait to see him.

Alicia said...

I can't wait to hear! I agree c-sections are not that bad. In and out in 20 mins...

I just pray all goes well.