Monday, July 6, 2009

So....We're Pregnant!

Many of you are thinking FINALLY! We're almost 11 weeks and so far so good. I've heard horror stories of pregnancy so I have nothing to complain about it, it hasn't been bad at all...yet. We held out to tell our families on Father's Day. We mailed my family a cute package that I forgot to take a picture of (which I'm really bummed about). But we were able to tell Craig's parents and sister (Amy) in person and even got pictures. Here's how it went....


Everyone was posed and ready to go. I had the camera and Craig said, "Everyone say Cassie's pregnant!"
Some didn't change their expressions, but if you watch Amy you'll understand what happened. First, there was confusion because they didn't believe Craig. (What does that say about him?!)
Then, as Amy shows, there was annoyance. What is going on?!
Finally, realization! Notice Garett's face here.... after the announcement he was very concerned and asked if I was having a baby right now?! Watch as George charges the camera.


As excited as George was, I think Laura might have been even more excited!


I think this is exhaustion from her baby finally going to have a baby, and all those years paying off!
Needless to say we are really excited and feel very blessed to bring a child into this world with such great grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends!





16 comments:

Amy Tobler said...

Yay! Those pictures are priceless!

Rebecca said...

Congrats!!! Those pictures are amazing.

Annie and Dan said...

I got on your blog thinking that there was no way you would have posted your news already, but here it is!!! Good Job! Those pictures are great. I am so happy for you both and it was great seeing you. Next time I will try and be in town more. I was thinking you should have a baby shower out here :)

one last thing, I might be going on a cruise out your way in Feb. for Mandy's Bday... I will keep you posted... I might get to see your baby!

Ms. Green Eyes said...

Yayy! Cassie, that is SO exciting! I'm so looking forward to following your pregnancy on your blog!

Ang said...

Congratulations! This is Craig's cuz Andrea, btw. So excited for you and that Craigy is going to be a daddy. He'll be so great - you BOTH will. I LOVE the reactions of everyone. Especially Laura. :) What a fun way to announce good news. Best of luck in the pregnancy!

Bree said...

I knew it! When I saw you in Gainesville I didn't believe you but I thought ummm I guess I'll wait... Hill didn't help either. Congrats, those pictures are great!

Regi said...

Congratulations that is very exciting news!

Keri said...

Congratulations! And that is seriously the best annoucement I've ever heard of, you guys are so creative and now you will be able to show your babe later. So awesome.

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

CONGRATs to the two of you!! I am so excited and can't wait to see what your little one! I am glad you are feeling ok still! Lucky you!! Keep us updated!
Love, Meliss

Walmir & Irene said...

Awesome! I'm really happy for you guys. You will be great parents. Should Craig get some practice by changing Christian's diapers?

The Airharts said...

I love these pictures! What a fun way to tell everyone and get their reactions! We are super excited for you guys! YEAH! PS-when are you coming to visit?

The Richardson's said...

Congratulations!! I love the pictures!

Michelle H. said...

Congrats!! We are really happy for you guys.

Claudia said...

Congratulations! You're going to have a blast :)

Sean and Chelsea Van Wagenen said...

That is so halirious! I knew that it wouldn't tak you long to get pregnant...and it really didn't. I am so excited for you and I'm so glad that you aren't feeling sick! You both are going to be the best parents! Now move to California already so I can work for Craig and our kids can be BFF's. I know that's a dream but I would really like it if it came true! I love you!

Alison Wilde said...

Ok, if there is a "blog competition" please send this in because it is THE BEST!! I keep laughing so hard at the pictures of my dad charging the camera!! Can't wait to meet the little one---I'm sure he/she will be adorable! Thanks for coming to Chuck-E-Cheese with us before we left. You guys are the BEST!