Monday, April 27, 2009

How do you teach THAT?

Funny little story. Today Hillary and I were laying out at the pool (rough life i know) and had just jumped in for a swim when a little boy, his sister and grandmother showed up. My back was to them when they walked up, but Hillary said hi to them. I turn to see who it is and the little boy (about 6 yrs old), whose name is Justin walks towards us and it goes something like this:

Justin: "Oh! How rude of me! Let me introduce myself, my name is Justin and this is my sister (something or another) and my Grandma Kat." As he's talking he walks towards us and is making eye contact and we had no idea how to respond! We felt like we were talking to someone older than us, but he was this tiny kid. Then, he says, "If you'll excuse me I'm going to put my sunscreen on then I'll come over and properly introduce myself and shake your hand."

Where did this kid come from?? I know this is a you-had-to-be-there kind of thing, but it was just so crazy. We're pretty sure after he jumped in the pool he was swimming around humming a Broadway tune....

Bizarre.

2 comments:

Attitude of Gratitude said...

I'm still interested to know if this kid was the one that over-suds the hot-tub and gave it a tubs worth of bubbles. You just never know.

Natalie said...

That story reminds me of the way Ella greets people she meets for the first time.