Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Reflections on Marriage #4

I'm always amazed at a man's confidence. Most of us women are a little lacking.....we're fat, our hair is ugly, our clothes fit terribly, and the list goes on and on. I've decided men have better self-esteem because they find it in the little every day things. However, upon discussing this with Hillary she explained my findings are not men, but just Craig. I love to share pieces of conversations that Craig and I have, mostly because of my life long quest to convince people just how much they don't know about him. I swear no one has any idea what my life is like on a daily basis....although I'm starting to think my sisters-in-law who are married to Copeland boys have some idea and of course my mother-in-law so I'm going to extend my generalizations to at least Copeland men, if not all men.

The following takes place on Sunday during Sacrament meeting while we are singing the opening him which includes the men's part.
The hymn has just ended.

Craig: "I really tore that up."
Cassie: "What?" (What in the world are you talking about now?)
Craig: "Man, I dominated that song."

Only Craig would think about just how incredible he was after singing a hymn in church along with 100 other people.
And for the record, he tore it up, but probably not how he intended!
However, I do admire his confidence, and am trying to learn a thing or two.

3 comments:

Jeff and Amy Barlow said...

These are my favorite posts EVER to read. I end up laughing out loud every time I read them. So, please, keep it up.

I've now realized a couple of things about your reflection:
1. you are DEAD ON about Craig...and for that matter, ALL the Copeland boys. and 2. I basically married my brother...in Jeff, of course. Because he has that exact same kind of confidence as the rest of them. I gues it's only fitting. As, at the end of the day, WE are so lucky to have THEM (as they would see it!).

Love ya! Miss ya! Come visit us! Lola misses her Aunt Cassie!

Brad Leishman said...

That story cracked me up. It takes me back to the MTC and having Craig serenading us with a wonderfully painful rendition of "There is a Green Hill Far Away." He "dominated" that one too.

Attitude of Gratitude said...

I thought about your situation today with Craig and I decided that no matter how crazy he drives you, you love this about him. He keeps your life interesting and it always makes for good poolside conversation. Oh Cassie, the day you have five mini-Craigs running around. . .