Tuesday, December 18, 2007


Sunday night Craig and I were asked to do the youth in our wards Sunday Evening Discussion. The topic was self-esteem. We were asked a week before, and I spent the whole week thinking about it. What a hard topic! It's such an important thing for teenagers and something they really struggle with, how was I going to say something to help them with this??!! We started out by introducing ourselves. I told the group that we were going to introduce ourselves twice so listen carefully. The first time we each introduced ourselves we only described negative experiences and things about ourselves as teenagers. The second time, we described our successes and good things about ourselves. Even as I listened to us, it sounded like we were describing two different people. It's funny to realize that so much lies within how we look at ourselves, and which things we decide are going to be a part of who we are. Anyways, the discussion went great. Everyone had tons of input and questions and I felt like we really had some good things to say. It actually turned out to be a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Annie and Dan said...

Cassie is sounds like you did such a good job! That was so cleaver to describe yourselves those ways. I think that was such a good way to get the message across!

Chronic Commuter said...

You were asked to "do the youth!?"