Thursday, December 13, 2007

Merry Christmas

Since I haven't had anything to write lately, I thought I'd steal this from Rachel.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper hands down. My mom knows to this day to wrap all of my presents. She even wraps everything in my stocking individually.

2. Real tree or artificial? Right now I have an artificial, but growing up we always had a real tree. I think once I have a family and we stay home for Christmas real is the only way to go.

3. When do you put up the tree? Well with a fake one, the day after Thanksgiving or before Dec. 1. A real one you can wait a little later since it dies, but you still have to put up all your other decorations.

4. When do you take the tree down? New Years Day.

5. Do you like eggnog? No, I've never tried it, but absolutely not.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? A new bicycle was always amazing.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? No, but my mom has had one for as long as I can remember that she hand painted. It's part of Christmas.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Daddy.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Craig's not too hard.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Well I had an aunt that liked to salvage things from dumpsters. (She's passed away now, so no mean jokes!) But anyways, for Christmas we always got a bought gift from her and a dumpster gift from her. I can't remember all of them, I do remember a porcelein doll and little jewelry thing you put your earings in. It's not that they were such bad gifts, but you always knew which one was your dumpster gift.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Well I don't do either....someday I think I'll mail.

12. Favorite Christmas Movies: Craig loves Christmas Vacation. I like romantic Christmas movies, like The Holiday that came out last Christmas.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Not until December. My mom starts in January.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, but I plan to this year!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Dressin' and chicken and dumplins

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear.

17. Five Favorite Christmas songs? O Holy Night, Silent Night, We Three Kings, Baby It's Cold Outside, and The Little Drummer Boy.

18. Most Annoying Christmas song? Jingle Bells, you have to admit it gets kind of annoying.

19. Travel at Christmas or stay home? At this point in my life, travel. When I have kids, stay home so we can start our own traditions.

20. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Hmm...i dunno. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixon, Commet, Cupid, Donner, Blixon, Rudolph, how many are there?

21. Angel or Star on top of the tree? Angel.

22. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning, but you get one on Christmas Eve, we've done that every year and every year my mom denies we've ever done and thinks we just want to open a present.

23. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Too many people at the stores!

24. Favorite Christmas Apparel? Singing socks, of course.

25. What I love most about Christmas? The chance to have time off from work or school or whatever and just relax and be with family and friends, which puts us in the state of mind to remember the true meaning of Christmas.

4 comments:

D said...

good job Cass! That's hilarious about your dumpster diving aunt.....reminds me of my grandpa's wife, one time she got us giga pets (sp?) from KFC. Yeah. Couldn't even splurge and get the real ones from the store. HAHA!

The Bay Area Homs said...

I second the dressing and chicken 'n dumplings! I can't wait to go home.

The Ackerman Family said...

So funny about your Aunt! I love it! I hope you guys have a great Christmas!

wade said...

My dumpster presents were consistently better than my bought presents.