Sunday, January 30, 2011

Riley's 1st Birthday- the fun stuff

My hopes were high for Riley's Birthday. I was going to make a fancy cake and have friends over and Riley was going to have a ball....well the week of he got sick. I thought it was just a cold and then two days before his birthday found out the kid he was playing with (who had a cold) actually had RSV so we figured so did Riley. He's definitely not himself, but doesn't seem to have more than cold symptoms and I've just waited for his regularly scheduled Dr. appointment this week. Anyways, we didn't want to infect the cousins so we kept his birthday low-key with just the 3 of us. You can see his glossy eyes and runny nose in the pics....poor guy! He was a good sport and fortunately he hasn't lost his appettite.



Riley has always been the smiliest baby, but the past few weeks he has learned lots of expressions and I find myself getting looks like this quite often. What happened to my happy baby?!


Give me the cake!


Previously...
Crazy faces.








6 comments:

Beverly said...

So cute!!! Riley has such a mature look about him and looks like he is way figuring life out before his age. You are blessed with a darling little guy and I love keeping up with your family since we never get to see you.

Unknown said...

I absolutely love the bright colors on his little cake! He is such a cutie! You can tell he has so much personallity! I am dreaming of Chloe's first birhtday! I cannot wait! I have so much planned!

Laura Copeland said...

Love the birthday pictures! Even though you kept it low-key, it looks like he had a great time. Were all the multi-colors planned on the cake to show up on the blog better? Hah! He finally mixed them so well, he made gray, right? What a fun little kid! I surely hope he gets feeling better!

Ms. Green Eyes said...

I can't believe he is already one. Happy birthday!

I would feel so torn between a cruise and leaving Scarlett... but you will be OK. :) Have fun!

Attitude of Gratitude said...

yeah, I don't know how you're supposed to leave that face for 9 days. sorry craig. not helping. lol

Alison Wilde said...

Happy Birthday Riley! I love that your mommy and daddy are not a bit afraid of giving you a Huge helping of frosting, and giving you all the freedom in the world to indulge. These types of parents should plan to have AT LEAST 8-10 children! What a cute little dude!!