Sunday, January 9, 2011

Christmas

I've been dreading this blog. We went to La for Christmas and I forgot my camera. My child's first Christmas and I forgot my camera. We snapped a couple with my brothers but I don't have them yet. And we caught a little bit on video, but I haven't made the effort to learn how to take a clip from the video and post it. Seriously, I'm so mad about this.
But on a happier note, Riley LOVED Christmas. The unwrapping was a little confusing, but the toys were very exciting! Being 11 months on his first Christmas, it was already a fun one. His eyes lit up when Craig brought him in with toys everywhere! I may have overdone it a little, but the kid seriously had NO toys before Christmas. I think it was slowing his development- he seems smarter now :).
However, when we arrived back to Texas New Year's Eve we had a Christmas package waiting from Grandma Laura and Grandpa George and I took pictures!! So since they didn't get to be there in person, at least they get a picture!This was way past bedtime after a very long day so he's not exactly "cleanest" or "best-dressed" here.Riley with Uncle Trevor. I believe there's some family resemblance...

I wonder what I said that my parents both had the exact same reaction towards me?
Needless to say when got back home, Riley was a mess. He wanted the constant attention he'd had at my parents. He think that he is really funny and that you should always be laughing at him and gets very offended if you aren't.

And New Year's?? First year as parents! We went to bed at 10:30.

1 comments:

Laura Copeland said...

Thank you for letting you "watch" little Riley open his presents. I guess we're glad they didn't make it by Christmas or we wouldn't have been able to see him to it. Hah! Anyway, we hope he enjoys them, but he is such a happy-go-lucky little guy, he gets a big kick out of everything, right?! We surely do love him!