Friday, August 13, 2010

6 Months


July 29th was Riley's Half Birthday. My mom came to visit from Louisiana (now that we are only 5 hours away!). Riley got lots of new clothes, because he has outgrown everything, and a big boy high chair. I don't have his 6 months stats, what with moving I haven't found him a new doctor yet :(...I know, I've got to get on that.

All about Riley:
- he's such a happy boy, he returns anyone's smile and loves attention (as if he doesn't get enough)
- he can't quite sit up, but thinks it's funny when he topples over
- he's started to spastically squirm across the floor. I'm not sure it's a crawl, but he's definitely mobile and gets where he wants to go..i'll have to get a video of that
- he has a walker with wheels and flies around the house in it. Most of the house is wood floors so he has a blast
- he LOVES our cat Mia. He chases her everywhere and always laughs when she looks at him. Sometimes she's nice and lets him get close enough for a quick touch, which just makes his day
- Mia secretly loves Riley. She pretends he bugs her, but whenever he cries she's the first one to his side. It's so cute.
- everything goes to his mouth, especially paper
- he says da-da-da-da all the time, but doesn't really know what it means
- his first tooth has broken skin, and is the cutest little tooth nub i've ever seen (although it's been a hellish week to get it here!)
- he is full of energy and hasn't stopped moving since i was about 20 weeks pregnant. the kid NEVER stops. I'm excited to see his cute little self walking around, but i know i'll never be able to keep up with him. he already is into anything and everything before i even notice.

He's my guy. We go everywhere together and I love him more than I ever knew I would. It sounds cliche, but I do. I honestly don't know that I could live without him now. He's just so stinkin' adorable. I love that kid.

1 comments:

Laura Copeland said...

I feel so left out not being able to see all the new things little Riley does. He has changed so much just since you have left! He looks more like a toddler now and not a baby, and he just keeps getting cuter and cuter, if that is possible! I hope he remembers his Grandma Copeland when we see you next!