Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Young Women in Excellence

Last night was Gainesville 3rd Ward's Young Women in Excellence program. All of the YW and their families are invited as well as ward and stake leaders. Normally this is an opportunity for the YW to showcase their personal progress goals and projects. We decided to make our program a project. It was a whole musical production and the girls were amazing! We have very talented YW in our ward, almost all of them sang solos. I'm so proud of their hard work and the inspiration they are to me. It's so fascinating to be serving in the YW's program when I feel like it wasn't all that long ago I was there myself. It's good though because the things they are going through are still fresh in my memory and I feel like I have so much hope to give them.
The theme was "Steadfast and Immovable" with winter decorations. We had hot chocolate and refreshments (Thanks Amy for that!) and it was delicious! The Spirit was felt so strong and I know by the end of the night there wasn't a dry eye in the room because of our amazement at these YW.



0 comments: