Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Colby Roberson

My mom's great great nephew passed away Monday night in a car accident. When you come from a small town where all your family lives, you are blessed to have and know A LOT of cousins. As I've been away from home now going on 7 years , I remember Colby as the little boy in the third grade class I tutored. With his strawberry blonde hair, he was always up to mischief...so this story is a little unbelievable for me even though I've kept up with his goings on through family, but our prayers are with Lance, Ronnie, Sharon and the rest of the family. This is just a reminder to me of how short our time is here. We never know what day is our last and it motivates me to make sure I'm treating others with kindness, wether it could be their last memory of me or mine of them. I'm so grateful for the knowledge of eternal families and that there is so much more than our lives here on Earth.
I share this not to look for sympathy, for there are those whose grief is a million times that of mine, but as a reminder of how precious our lives are and what's really important...especially at this holiday season.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/dclassifieds?Dato=20081217&Kategori=OBITUARY&Class=30&Type=CAT30200&Lopenr=812000177&Selected=2

0 comments: