Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Reflections on Marriage #2

A week ago I was at Craig's Intramural football game that started at 9:30 PM. I try to keep my eyes on every play because I know he'll ask me about it later. Suddenly I drifted off into Cassie Land and when I came back to reality I'd lost sight of him. He stands out cause he's usually the tallest guy out there, but I couldn't find him anywhere. I looked at the guys on the sidelines and still couldn't find him. Hmm.. Then, the one other person in the bleachers starts a conversation,
Her: "Which team are you cheering for?"
Me: "The black team, you?"
Her: "Same. Who are you here for?"
Me: "My husband, Craig Copeland, do you know him?"
Her: "Yeah, I played coed basketball with him once. I think he got hurt."
I believe this was her politely recognizing me as his wife and letting me know he was injured since i appeared oblivious.
I stand up and see him lying on the ground on the sidelines holding a shirt to his head covered in blood.
Me: "Hmm...I guess I should be a good wife and go over there."
Anways, Craig busted his eye open and long story short he refused to go to the ER and get stitches so I had to put him back together with tape. Luckily, I work in a plastic surgery clinic.
Need I say more on Reflections on Marriage #2?

1 comments:

kara said...

good job on taping cass..craig sounds like any one of my brothers..and head wounds bleed alot anyway..so i am sure your patching up worked just fine!