Sunday, September 14, 2008

Reflection on marriage #1

I love my husband to death, but sometimes I don't quite understand him. I'm always thinking of these crazy ways mine and Craig's relationship has changed since marriage, most of the thoughts are funny and so I thought I'd share them from time to time when they cross my mind. Last night I was able to go the Stake Youth Dance and lucky for Craig he got to come along. Let's just say he was not a happy camper at giving up his Saturday night of college football. In my mind I'm thinking this is going to be so fun! Youth dances were great! It'll be like a date night, we'll slow dance and be so in love. This is how the night actually went....
On the 30 min. drive to the dance Craig made and received several phone calls regarding scores of games he was missing, not much conversation between us-still mad he's going.
At the dance, he finally slow dances with me because I'm begging and the other priesthood leaders are starting to give him a bad time about it.
So, I finally get my dance and I'm being optimistic. It's a love song of course and I'm singing the words and relating them to my blissful marriage.
Craig looks down at me and with all seriousness and sincerity says, "You know what"? hmmm... you've never been so in love with me? I look beautiful tonight? This song reminds you of us? NO
He says, "I could totally make a 3 pointer from here". Lucky for him he got another call from Jeff at that second with an updated score.

9 comments:

Missy/Hadley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Airharts said...

Hillllllarious!(sorry that was me above-I was logged in to the work blog)

ATT Hickson said...

This is so funny! HA! Im so glad you posted your thoughts about this - and more glad to hear that Todd isn't the only one who does this to me. Those boys... we will never understand them!

Annie and Dan said...

That is awesome. I read the whole thing to Dan! I really am grateful you are sharing these things so the rest of us don't feel like we have the only husbands that do things like that!

Jeff and Amy Barlow said...

THAT is hilarious....and SOOOO Copeland. It's sad but any one of the 5 boys could have/would have made that EXACT same comment.

Gotta love the romantic Copeland boys.

On a side note! I can't wait to have our road trip! Thanks for "taking one for the team!" Now I don't have to play Craig's game of "would you rather" for 18 hours straight! See you soon!

Sarah said...

i've been there, too. i've said "can't you just pretend to enjoy the play/store/family function we're at?

Philip and Melissa said...

That'a boy craig! holy toledo, that was so incredibly hilarious. thanks for sharing!!!

A and A said...

Haha this made me laugh cause Andy does the same thing. He can’t even pretend to enjoy the moment.

Natalie said...

The joys of being married to a Copeland. Isn't it great? I loved that story. I'm just jealous Craig danced with you. That's a step further than Kent would have gone. Thanks for sharing! :)