Sunday, June 15, 2008

A bit of humility...

Last week as I was called as second counselor in the Young Women's Presidency in our Ward. It's been a very humbling experience as I've had a week to think about it. How am I supposed to be a leader to these girls who I think are more of an example to me than vice versa?? I have quite the task in front of me, but I'm very excited about it. The other ladies in the Presidency that I'll be working with are great and I can't wait to get to know them better. It's really made me step back and think about where I'm at in my life and what I need to be doing better. I'm sure that I'm going to grow from this experience, I only pray that I will be able to help these girls grow as well. I still my remember my Young Women's leaders and how amazing they were, so in my mind those are big shoes to fill. Wish me the best!

5 comments:

kara said...

cass..you will be great..i went through the same thing. you are an amazing talented woman and will be able to teach those girls how to be awesome!!

Rachel said...

Love the new layout! I think you will do a great job with the girls, you're a great example!

Rachel said...

Oh and I don't know if you noticed or not, but there is a big article in this month's Ensign about the YW program and it's history. As I was reading this I made a mental note to tell you about it. :)

Natalie said...

I can't think of a better person for these girls than you. I am so excited for you. Good luck!

Sean and Chelsea Van Wagenen said...

That's so cool!! I bet you're awesome at it and that the girls love you so much! I love you so much, so I am sure they do too, but not as much as I do!! I love you!!!