Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Louisiana Summer

 Right before we left for Louisiana Papa came out to visit for a couple days. Riley was so excited to see him when we picked him up at the airport. He immediately, exclaimed "Papa!" Followed quickly by, "Where's Grandma?" He sure was disappointed Grandma Laura didn't come too :)
 My brother, Trevor and my sister-in-law, Sharae, and her and Wade's kids flew to Dallas and joined us for the drive to my parents. This was our last Sonic break before we arrived. Riley loved spending 10 days with Tasia and Lexi! He only see's them once a year :( We are going to have to start traveling to Canada to visit them!
 The is the little community store where I live. I always try to explain to people how "out there" it was where I grew up. I thought this picture was funny with the big dog sleeping by the front doors of The Store.
 Riley spent every day all day playing outside. He skipped nap time everyday so usually I would go for a drive in the evenings and he would pass out in the car.
 Notice the half open eye. He really didn't want to fall asleep.
 With Uncle Trevor on the carousel. In Louisiana the carousels have alligators.

 The Antley Fam.

 My best friend growing up, Amber and I are just a month apart with our pregnancies. It's her first and she's having a little boy. I'm about 19.5 weeks here, for the record.


 Riley also spent a lot of time playing on the front porch. He seriously rarely went indoors, I'm so glad we went in May this year instead of July. It wasn't AS hot, although still muggy enough that all my iPhone pictures look foggy!
 He was often still playing long after the other kids were sleeping.


Swimming with his cousin Brailen, who lives across the street from my parents.
Church is always a joy because it's just a small branch and there aren't any young children. So EVERY sound Riley makes seems soooo loud. He often repeated some of what the speaker was saying. Luckily, I think a lot of the congregation is hard of hearing too :)

Craig flew out on his birthday and drove back with us a couple of days later. I don't even have a picture of his cake or anything! I think it was gone too fast. But Happy 31 to Craig!!
Again I've failed in the picture department, there's so much I didn't capture! Must. Do. Better.

2 comments:

Annie and Dan said...

So many good pictures!!! What a fun trip. Riley looks sooo grown up, and so handsome! I am glad you had a fun trip. Also, you are looking amazing for 19.5 weeks pregnant!

Laura Copeland said...

I can just see Riley being the last one in bed--he just can't stand to miss any fun, can he?! I'm so glad he got to spend time with his cousins from Canada and so many other special relatives. I loved that you took a family picture. It was great seeing all of you in one picture! And believe me, I wish I could have gone to Dallas, too. I missed out on so much fun there!