Friday, October 29, 2010

9 Months

Our little bundle of joy is 9 MONTHS old today, I can't believe it. He weighs 20 lbs, and is 28 inches tall. These statistics are not quite what his Daddy wants for his developing quarterback, but I'm sure he'll get there!
What's he's up to at 9 months:
Riley was born with a heart murmur, which is quite common and since it hasn't gone away he had an appointment with a pediatric cardiologist this week. After some test and examinations he narrowed it down to one of two things neither of which are too concerning and said he'd see him back in a year.
Riley is all over the place this month. He pulls up on everything and walks around as long as he is against something. I'm sure he'll be walking in no time.
When he's in a hurry he still does his army crawl.
He's liked his car seat lately and takes daily naps in it.
He loves to eat things he can feed himself.
When he's tired he will actually sit somewhat calmly on my lap (he's never been much on being still so this is pretty amazing).
He often smiles at me even if I'm not smiling to get me to smile back. It's fun to see his personality developing.
He's fearless. Sometimes he forgets he can't walk and will let go and totally eat it. He chases the cat, the vacuum cleaner and anything else that should scare him.
He ate cat food. (On Craig's watch)
He took his first shower.
He hates getting dressed.
He has 7 teeth.
My list has to end here because he's chewing on the computer cord.
I posted a couple of pictures of him NOT smiling.

He spilled formula all over and started crying. I think he thought if he cried he wouldn't be in trouble.






This is his "Mom stop taking pictures" face.

5 comments:

Laura Copeland said...

Really??? Nine months? What a fun little guy he is, seriously! He just keeps everything lively, doesn't he?! When you get such an active one for the first one, all the others seem mild--or maybe it's just that you are used to it. Anyway, he's so cute and fun!

Jessica said...

7 teeth! That's crazy. Are you raising a vampire? Katie only has her front 4.

Natalie said...

He's changed so much! I am needing to come to Dallas for my "fix" of you guys. Nudge Craig to nudge Kent, I'll do some nudging from this end too. Maybe together we can make it happen!

Also, yeah- 7 teeth??!!

Alison Wilde said...

Hi guys!! This is terrible we haven't met cousin Riley and he is already 9 months. I LOVE to hear he is an active boy.......boy do I remember those days, and miss them (at times) too!! Keep posting on Riley and show him pics of his family in China! Love you guys!

Ellen said...

Your little guy is just a few days older than our little guy! SO much fun!!

Thanks for letting my hubby crash at your place for a few days! We really appreciate it!

Can't wait to meet you!