Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A night in my life.

11:00 PM Put baby down for second or third time. Straighten up house. Finish workout I started 3 hours before.
12:00 AM Bathe for the first time today, if it's 12:00AM does it count for both days?
12:30 AM Get in bed. Husband can't sleep.
1:00 AM Husband falls asleep. Baby is still awake in his bed and is no longer content. Feed baby. Change diaper.
1:30 AM Lie down. Cat needs love and attention. Pet cat for 10 minutes. Cat goes to sleep.
3:45 AM Baby wakes up. Baby sprung a leak. Find the last clean pair of jammies. Change baby. Baby screams because he's hungry and doesn't want to be changed. Feed baby. Baby's sheet is damp from leak...change sheet or put a blanket down and change in the morning? Put a blanket down. Burp baby. Baby spits up on me. Put baby down. Change my clothes. Get in bed.
6:30 AM Husband's alarm goes off. Too tired to ask why husband is getting up so early. Husband leaves. Baby wakes up. Feed baby. Burp Baby. Baby spits up on himself. Change baby. Put baby down. I lie down.
9:00 AM Baby wakes up. Feed baby. Burp Baby. Change Baby. Put baby down. I think of what I need to do today. I go back to sleep instead.
11:30 AM Baby wakes up. Get dressed. Feed cat. Feed baby. Burp Baby. Change baby.
12:30 PM Baby is tired. Baby agrees to go back to sleep. I blog.

I didn't have to change the sheets on MY bed. Baby didn't throw up an entire bottle. I didn't have to shower in the middle of the night. Everyone survived.
SUCCESSFUL NIGHT.

2 comments:

Walmir & Irene said...

It gets better. I promise.

Ms. Green Eyes said...

It does get better. Though, I will admit, that sounds awful! Do not clean your house at midnight! GO TO BED! Household things can be on hold while you have an infant. They were in my house! Once he starts sleeping better, you will be amazed at how much energy you have.

Keep the stories coming! All of us mommies read it and go, "oh yeah. Yeah, I remember that." :)