Monday, February 22, 2010

I can finally say I'm dating the Quarterback

These boys take their football league VERY seriously. Craig isn't much for conversation on game day, he has to stay focused, so the morning and ride to the game are very quiet. On the way home from the game we have to review everything that happened and I have to critique him. Then he and his teammates will often call each other and discuss what they should have done differently and what they'll do next game. Their plays are drawn up and should be laminated by next game thank goodness.
Week before last someone on the opposing team asked Craig if he played in college. I often worry a scout is going to see him and grab him right up and we'll have gone to dental school for nothing- he's that good.

Riley has spent the first 3 weeks of his life attending 2 of Craig's Intramural basketball games, 3 of Craig's football games, and 2 Gator basketball games. He hasn't been to a baseball game yet, but he's dressed and ready!


5 comments:

Jeff and Amy Barlow said...

I say...forget about basketball, football, and baseball...that kid looks like he's ready to take on Mike Tyson tomorrow! :)

Good job on making the photog session happen.

So fun to see you guys this weekend. And I love getting my Riley time.

xoxo,
Amy

Laura Copeland said...

Adorable! I love how cute little Riley looks in his baseball outfit. Throughout the years, he will be dressed in every type of sports outfit there is, I'm sure, especially if his dad has anything to say about it. And yes, Craig is a great quarterback! We witnessed that ourselves a couple of weeks ago!

Unknown said...

Riley is adorable. I'm pretty sure he'll have been to more sporting events by the time he walks than most adults. Has Craig zeroed in yet on what the baby's athletic abilities are?

Beverly said...

So neat you are dating and married to the quarterback!! I loved your comments and loved seeing how much Riley looks like Craig. You can really see Craig in Riley's eyes but his cuteness comes from both of you.

Natalie said...

Oh, the joy of being married to a Copeland boy. That post felt like I was reading one of my own posts from dental school days. Fun stuff. I have to tell you that Ethan is WORSE than Kent, if you can believe it. I won't be a bit surprised when Riley is obsessed as Craig. Boys are so fun. Riley is adorable. Love those kissable cheeks.