Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Kennedy's first month

Enjoy this deliciousness!



@ 1 week



1st bath. Join the club of not being able to bathe alone!

Scratched up face :( Grandma come clip my nails!

2 weeks
9 lbs 6 oz    86th%
21.3 inches    88th%
head 14.5 inches    88th%



3 weeks




 4 weeks

1 month!


Kennedy's first month has flown by. She is such a sweet baby! My parents arrived the day after we got home from the hospital and my dear momma spent the first week taking care of Kennedy during the nights, what a blessing! Kennedy spent the first couple weeks up every 1.5-2 hours for her bottle. She was almost always asleep in between feedings which was sooo different than Riley. He was a happy sweet baby, but NEVER slept during the day. She gradually made it to 3 hours, then 4 a few nights and bless her heart last night she slept 7 hours straight! She takes several naps throughout the day, many times for several hours. She generally drinks 2-4 oz of formula when she eats. She was very hard to share a room with in the beginning because she was such a loud sleeper. She would grunt all night! She's gotten better or we've gotten used to it. 
She's so content and just goes along with us everywhere. 
She's loves baths and being naked. She loves for me to drip some water in her mouth while taking a bath. She opens and sticks her tongue our grunting for it! It's hilarious. 
She sounds like she's hyperventilating when she wakes up and wants her bottle, but doesn't really cry.
Swaddling is a must for sleeping. When she sleeps at home she only sleeps in her bouncer chair. She hates to sleep laying flat and will wake up within minutes.
She always has crazy hair in pictures, but mostly cause I bathe her at night and I don't re-fix it. I'm a very lazy mom when it comes to my kids hair. I gotta do better. I bought all headbands for her, but now I think they look a little funky with all her hair so I need to get some bows I can clip in.
The last week or so she has begun to have a fussy period in the evenings before bed, but I think she just wants to be held and get some attention after competing with her big brother all day. 
Riley has done great. For the most part he is uninterested in K. Occasionally, he'll sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star if she cries or pet her on the head. He never complains if I need to feed her and waits patiently for what he needs. He will ask her to be quiet sometimes if she's crying.
For me, I feel completely adjusted after a month. You forget how long it takes to get out the door with a new baby, but we eventually arrive to wherever we are going. I'm sure hard times are coming, but so far it hasn't been a tough adjustment at all. 

3 comments:

Kim said...

congratulations on your beautiful baby girl, Cassie! After I had Ella Grace, I felt the same way about adjusting to two babies. ALSO! I LOVE her name! Kennedy has been on my baby names list since I first started making them in middle school:) Kennedy Copeland sounds so great! Love her outfits, too!

Herlehy Family said...

Kennedy is so ADORABLE!!!

DRP said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/11-makanan-tinggi-kolesterol/