Thursday, February 17, 2011

27 Birthdays

Monday, we celebrated my 27th birthday. My mom was in town visiting for a couple days so Craig and I were able to go out for a Valentine's/Birthday dinner. And had someone to snap a picture!
I must say, there are things I like and dislike about getting older.
I hate just the fact that I'm getting older, those wrinkles forming around my eyes and mouth, those few extra lbs that seem harder to lose, and all that fun stuff. But I sometimes I like saying my age. I always feel a little like I'm not taken seriously because people always think I'm young, even younger than I actually am. And let's be honest, Craig doesn't help my situation- it's not unusal for people to be surprised we are married cause he's not exactly growing grey hairs himself. Just today I was in the front yard with Riley and a lady walked by and said very grandmotherly, "Oh, Hi! Are you babysitting today?" NO I'm not babysitting I actually BIRTHED this child. And I was glad to mention that I am in fact 27. The older I get the more silly I make those people feel! That's the part I like.



The lady tried to recover with, "Well imagine what you'll look like at my age!" I mentioned this when telling my Mom the story, and in her always (NOT) optimistic attitude she says, "Unfortunately that's not always how it works." Thanks Mom.
On a side note, I always thought I'd have 3 kids by 30. HA! I eat those words right now at 27. I'll even eat the words that I was going to have 3!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

You look awesome! I love that shirt :)

Laura Copeland said...

I'm so glad you had such a fun birthday-Valentine's Day! That was great that your mom could be there for the big day and let you guys go out for the evening. The pictures were darling. You two will always be young in my mind--and young-looking!

Attitude of Gratitude said...

Happy Birthday Cassie. I get an F for being thoughtful that day and calling and telling you how much I love you. And that shirt is pretty fabulous.

Kevin and Angie Copeland said...

Cassie
Hope you had a great birthday. You getting older just means I am getting really old. Just wait til your closer to 40. I loved my 30's. We are dying to see you guys. Hope you can come visit soon. Have fun on your cruise.

Beverly said...

Happy belated birthday, Cassie. Love hearing how you and your cute family are doing and I'm grateful you had a nice birthday.

Alicia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alicia said...

Happy birthday Cassie.. your post always make me smile and laugh. For sure 30's are awesome so look forward to them..... Own that age and work it!!!! I turn 37 this year.. yikes... getting closer to 40 every day. ha ha
You look awesome and you are an amazing woman!