Saturday, December 18, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

We spent Thanksgiving here in Dallas this year with Cameron and Anne, some of their friends, and Jeff and Amy who drove out from Florida..here's the only picture I have- a blurry one from my iphone.

George and Laura had been in Utah for Thanksgiving and on their way home they had a layover in Dallas and we were able to meet them at the airport for a few minutes. It was way too short, but it was great to see them and I know they cherished those few minutes with their grandsons!

One thing that I randomly was thinking of this year that I was especially grateful for are Sisters-in-law. I've been very blessed to have a wonderful family and to marry into a wonderful family. I love them all so much. I have a great father-in-law, mother-in-law, and even brothers-in-law :). I guess it's something that comes to my mind around the holidays when couples are making plans and I hear the disappointment of having to go to "the in-laws" and I feel so sad for them! How did I get so lucky?!
Anyways, I was especially thinking of these girls. I grew up with 4 brothers and no sisters. I never wanted a sister though- I was a total tomboy as a kid and a sister probably would have brought me down! I mean who wants to have to share? You don't share by the way as an only girl, and you run the show!
However, as I've gotten older I see the special relationship between sisters and I have to admit I began to wonder what it would be like. So this Thanksgiving (yes I know it's over, but I was thinking it then) I am grateful for Sisters-in-law. These girls have become like sisters to me. I'm so thankful for their relationships, their support, their humor, and for taking me in as the last addition! I've been able to live near all of them now, except Allison (that's why I'm sure she's going to move to Dallas when she returns to the States), and I'm inspired by their examples as mothers and wives.
The funny thing about this pictures is I barely knew them then (except Kim and Angie- and let's be honest that wedding might not have happened without them!) and now they have become some of my favorite people in the world!
Another funny thing- they are all now like half the size they are in this picture and I'm twice the size. Hmmm...maybe they should share their secret.

5 comments:

Jeff and Amy Barlow said...

K, now I'm crying. And seeing how we both know how you feel about me crying...I'll keep this short. You have no idea how much I appreciate and love you, too. Jeff and I comment every day (well, ok...maybe every "other" day) about how much we miss you guys living here. You guys helped give us the courage to change our lives, and let's just say...we'll never "forgive" you for that! :)

I'm so happy that you are starting to feel more at home in Dallas. I'll be there soon! And then the real fun can begin. I have so many hilarious, wonderful, special memories with, and of you. Lucky for the Copelands, you said yes to Craig.

Give Rau-we a BIG hug for me! Can't wait to get him in the mail!

xoxo

Alison Wilde said...

You are so cute Cassie! We love you too, and are so grateful Craigy found you!! Yes, find us a house in Dallas!!! I'm working on John.....Maybe if we just find that "perfect" house, we will really be there one day. (I've decided from my past I can NEVER plan for my future! Who knew I would be in CHINA???) Hugs to all of you!

Laura Copeland said...

Cassie, what a sweet post! This could have been vice-versa, too. We are all so glad you are in the family!!! What would we all do without the one-liners that only you could think of? You have added so much, and yes, with you, all the girls in our family make seven daughters that George and I love so much! We couldn't have picked out any better ourselves!

Kim said...

You always make me laugh and cry at the same time! Our family means everything to us. The older you get the more you realize how important family is! I wish that we could all be together for Christmas. We have to make it work this summer. Maybe we can all come to Texas! Give everyone hugs for us!

Beverly said...

What wonderful, sweet words to say about your family and you sisters-in-law. Family is just the greatest!! So great how you can stay close even if the miles are many between you.